Mike Acker is an executive and communication coach, a keynote speaker, and the author of four books
including the bestselling Speak With No Fear ( https://amzn.to/3gD1mhF ), which has appeared on numerous booklists even getting designated as the #1 book on overcoming fear of speaking on Forbes.com.
Mike passionately coaches business professionals to lead and speak with confidence. In presentations, he entertains and inspires audiences using stories of growing up as the son to drug smugglers who turned missionaries. He retells and relates lessons learned on how to overcome insecurity and exclusion in a cross- cultural setting. And he unpacks the path from employee to manager to leader.
You can find out more at MikeAcker.com
MIKE AND I DISCUSS
- What made you decide to write a book called Speak With No Fear?
- You frequently write, “where you are is not where you stay.” What makes this so important?
- Of the seven strategies one you describe is labeled “it is not about us”. Can you explain what you mean and why it’s important for us in speaking or even leadership?
- In another strategy (You Be You), you write about two weights you carry as a communicator. Can you describe what that means and how that affects confidence?
- This book doesn’t talk about presentation skills or writing speeches. Why didn’t you include those? Why can’t someone just improve their skills or prepare more?
- You also frequently suggest people to smile, pause, and breathe. Can you explain your emphasis?
- This book has received over 300 positive reviews on Amazon since June of 2019, what do you think different about this book from many others written on the topic?
- You have 3 other books (Write to Speak, Lead With No Fear, & Grow Your Soul), can you give a one sentence intro to these?
- How did growing up in a different setting (Mexico) affect your communication and leadership
- How can people get your book and learn more about you?
POST A REVIEW
GUEST BOOKINGS CLICK HERE
Follow me on Social Media
New Town Big Dreams podcast on Facebook
Luke Menkes Kelowna Realtor
My Personal Facebook Page
Support the show (https://paypal.me/lukemenkes)